The leather that we use to make our products requires special care to ensure the warranty and a long-lasting quality of the products. Treating your leather with care will ensure that your accessories will stay durable and in a good condition.
Leather has been used for centuries for a wide range of products, and due to the fact that it is crafted from an animal’s skin, it can be kept in good condition and passed down from generation to generation when treated with care.
To ensure that the leather of your item is kept to the highest standard, we suggest you to follow the following steps to take care of your item:
- Wipe your leather items with a soft cloth – Using a soft cloth to wipe down your leather will allow you to clean and softly remove any marks or materials from the surface of the item with care.
- Be careful of dye – Leather has a tendency to dye clothes (on hangers) during the first month. To avoid this, we recommend that the product is treated with a color stop product available at your local store or supermarket. This fixer is suitable for both accessories and footwear.
- Don’t use wet wipes with alcohol – Do not use wet wipes to remove scratches. These wipes include alcohol, which can damage the surface of the product and cause issues with the leather material.
- Avoid drying or heat – Do not use a dryer or any other heat source to dry the product, this can damage the appearance of the leather.
- Polish and clean with a conditioner – To enhance the product, treat it from time to time with appropriate impregnations or waxes with a high content of natural fat – this will give the leather a shine and moisturize it without drying. “Fiebing’s Leather Balm” is a great leather care balm that Cantoneri team recommends.
By following these simple steps, you can keep your leather in a good condition for years to come.
If you’d like to find out more about our range of leathers at Cantoneri, contact us today.